Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Auckland Zoo Trip

Auckland Zoo Trip
On Friday 4th of April room 7, 9 and 10 went by bus on a trip to Auckland zoo, to learn about native trees, native birds and native animals.
Laura,John and Richard who worked at the zoo, showed us around. First we went with John who took us to see the Kea’s. We were in awe of these big colourful birds who kept flying around One came up close to me, and i was tempted to touch it.
Next we went with Laura to the rainforest to see the native birds, and native trees. Flying above us I could see the Kereru, and the fantail birds.
Richard showed us the Kiwi enclosure. Before that, we stopped to see the big massive eels.
Richard explained to  us when the female eels lay their eggs, they go all the way to Tonga.
After lunch my group went to explore the rest of the zoo. I saw a elephant, giraffe , cherval, seals and penguins, just to name a few.
I learned about each animals habitat, what country they came from, and the types of food they eat. I enjoyed my day at the zoo, next time i will come with my family.




0 comments:

Post a Comment